2016 National Bike Challenge

← Back to Forums

chrishent
#

It’s that time of the year again:

The National Bike Challenge, hosted by People for Bikes, starts May 1st! Last year, we got beat by Cleveland again, so we need to bring that Rust Belt cup back home!

It seems that if you signed up last year, you should be set for this year, but it’s probably best to double check. For newbies, please go to https://nationalbikechallenge.org/home to sign up. The challenge page can sync up your mileage logged with Strava, Endomondo and a a variety of other fitness apps. You can also log your miles manually.

In addition to bragging rights, you can also win individual prizes. They have a few monthly draws in which they give away a bunch stuff. Last year, @neilmd won a year’s supply of TP! Also, OTB had a Pedal For Pints promotion during one month, in which you could get a free beer for each badge you earned on the challenge.

Let’s get crankin’.

Ahlir
Participant
#

Just to add…

If you were registered for an automatic feed last year (say through Strava), it’s still working. (As evidenced by my rather pathetic ranking for the current month, sadly observable by all.)

Cleveland? Feh. Isn’t that where they keep setting their rivers on fire? Really? Why would this be good for cyclists?

And I would be remiss in not mentioning the Tag-O-Rama team.
Do join. It’s a small team, but it cranks.

edmonds59
Participant
#

I don’t mean to be a negative Nelly, but I know some of those Cleveland riders, and unless something changes dramatically, Pgh may need to be happy that we won that one time. Those people ride like [insert homey metaphor describing something that does A SHITLOAD of something].

jonawebb
Participant
#

It there even free beer this year?

StuInMcCandless
Participant
#

I updated my password on the NBC site, but no promises I’m going to keep track like I used to. Nor do I see how I would join an existing group.

Ahlir
Participant
#

Assuming you’ve registered, and that you’re at the home page…
Go to:

–> Dashboard (link on the top line of the home page)
–> Settings (floating around on the right in the blue background)
–> My Groups (near the top of the page)
–> Spot the “Your Team is …” panel (do whatever it says)
— You can also join other stuff (like a workplace)

[Note: for those of you who would consider leaving your current team (that you joined way back when, for whatever reason), there is a handy “Leave team” link available to simplify your migration.]

I too would like to know if there’s free beer this year.

← Back to Forums

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.