Are you looking for a fun, flexible gig on a bike?
Position: BIKE TOUR GUIDE
Position type: flexible, part-time, mostly weekends, May-November Positions available: multiple
Location: Downtown Pittsburgh, PA
Reports to: Owner
Deadline: Open until filled
Compensation: between $50-110 per tour
Do you like riding bikes? Meeting new people? Making extra cash?
Are you looking for a fun, flexible gig that lets you explore our beautiful city while learning about its history, enjoying the outdoors and being physically active?
If so, Bike the Burgh Tours has a job for you!
Founded in 2015, Bike the Burgh Tours is a small but growing local business offering the best bike tours in Pittsburgh. We are seeking several passionate, enthusiastic urban cyclists to join our team as bike tour guides.
Our ideal tour guide…
- Has excellent communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Is personable, outgoing, enthusiastic, and friendly
- Has experience in cycling with groups in urban settings
- Has a good basic knowledge of Pittsburgh history and culture (scripts and training will beprovided)Our bike tours typically…
- Include about 15 guests
- Span 7-9 miles in and around Downtown Pittsburgh
- Move at a leisurely pace
- Last about 3 hours (plus an additional 45 minutes for customer check-ins, post-tour conversation,and of course, collecting tips!)
- Take place primarily on weekends, starting at 10am and 3pm (max. 2 per day)
- Are cancelled/rescheduled when the weather is lousy!Bike the Burgh Tours is a growing business, and we want you to grow with us! There will be opportunities to get more involved with the company and take on managerial roles.Previous experience guiding tours is not required, but will be considered a plus. Knowledge of bicycle repair and First Aid/CPR training is also a plus.Further training will be provided if needed, as one of the core values of Bike the Burgh Tours is investing in our team!
HOW TO APPLY
Inspired? Then please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you fulfill the criteria mentioned above. Please include “Bike Tour Guide” in the subject line. Looking forward to pedaling with you!
Membership & Donations: Two Ways to Give! Want to make a financial contribution to Bike Pittsburgh? There are two methods. The most frequently chosen is becoming a member of Bike Pittsburgh. With your MEMBERSHIP you receive invitations to events, discounts at shops, and discounted registration for PedalPGH. As a DONOR you can make and impact when giving unrestricted funds to ensure BikePGH has a successful future, or donate to a specific program that you want to strengthen.