Join Bike Pittsburgh’s Staff
Title: Administrative Assistant, full or part-time position
Reports to: Jane Kaminski, Membership & Outreach Manager
Mission: Bike Pittsburgh is transforming our streets and communities into vibrant, healthy places by making them safe and accessible for everyone so bike and walk.
Position Summary: The Bike Pittsburgh Administrative Assistant role includes customer service, general office administration, data entry, invoicing, payment processing, membership and donor reporting, thank you correspondence with donors, inventory management, processing payroll, answering and directing questions from phone, email, and social media messaging, scheduling outreach opportunities and staff, attending outreach events, assisting the bookkeeper, organizing and filing, logging meeting minutes, assisting staff, and additional office needs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (3-5): Data management, answering and directing questions and comments, organizing office inventory and documents, outreach activities
- Input membership, donor, and volunteer contact information into Salesforce; make routine information edits to keep the CRM database up-to-date
- Prepare acknowledgement letters for new members and donors
- Prepare mailing lists, labels, and donor reports for newsletters, special events and as otherwise required
- Monitor inventory of and order office supplies
- Monitor inventory of merchandise and keep up-to-date records
- Perform errands that assist daily functions such as going to the post office
- General reception duties
- Return inquiries from phone or email
- Assist the bookkeeper in reconciliation of data records
- Research, typing, correspondence, faxes, and filing
- Perform other tasks as identified by the Membership Manager and Executive Director
Volunteer Management Duties: Up to 5% of time may be spent managing volunteers or assisting with events including Volunteer Night and outreach events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required/Qualifications: A strong interest in bicycle and pedestrian advocacy, computer skills including Microsoft Office applications notably Excel and Word, typing skills, effective communication skills. Some bookkeeping or QuickBooks experience preferred.
Working Conditions: Majority of time will be spent in an office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work required. Driver’s license is, ironically, encouraged but not absolutely necessary for office errands and events. Ability to work in an open office environment with personal desk. Building and facilities located in a neighborhood with transit access. Ability to occasionally lift or help lift fairly heavy things also needed.
Salary: $24-32,000 dependent on experience and/or full-time or part-time commitment
BikePGH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability or legal source of income.
Applications are due by Sunday May 22nd and should be emailed to email@example.com. Please provide a cover letter and resume. Questions can be directed to 412-325-4334